PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Assist Journeyman Technicians with skilled and/or technical jobs in the shop when a Journeyman is assigned to the job.
- Perform preventative maintenance and scheduled service on equipment, attachments, and components. May perform up to 500 hour interval PM services and associated tasks independently.
- Removal and installation of parts requiring use of hand and air operated tools only, excluding parts that require fine tuning for proper system operation.
- On a previously blocked-up machine, removal of undercarriage parts limited to the following: carrier rollers, and sprocket segments.
- Minor painting (not to include professional spray equipment) and heating associated with repair work.
- Conduct preliminary diagnosis of machinery, component, and system problems (Helpers may not use diagnostic equipment).
- Installation and replacement of minor electrical components, alternators, ECM’s excluding electric motors.
- Complete service reports as required
- Locate and use service literature and/or technical information as required
- Maintenance and repair of shop equipment and tools.
- Load/unload components, parts, equipment and machinery.
- Conduct machine inventories.
- Conduct storage tank and shop supplies and tool inventories.
- Maintain tanks and settling pits.
- Transport or deliver components and equipment as directed.
- Clean, pressure wash, or otherwise prepare equipment, mechanical parts and components.
- Maintain wash bays and associated equipment.
- Perform general shop and facilities clean-up as required.
- Successfully complete and pass all Service Training and employee development classes
- Conduct repairs according to Caterpillar published guidelines and recommendations
- Complete tasks in a timely manner as required by management
- Use safe working practices and required personal protective equipment at all times
- Maintain clean and organized work areas
- Complete all paperwork, data entry and reporting as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Adhere to guidance and directions given by supervisors
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position requires no supervision of staff.